Operations Director Africa
LEADING THE MANUFACTURING AND SUPPLY CHAIN ORGANISATION | EUROPE – AFRICA
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and aquafeed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Its two global company brands Skretting (aqua feed) and Trouw Nutrition (animal nutrition) have sales in over 90 countries.
Our purpose Feeding the Future captures a big challenge: feeding 9 billion people in 2050. Our responsibility is twofold: we need to make a significant contribution to meeting the rapid increase in worldwide demand for food; on the other hand, we need to find the right balance in order that we can realize growth while making also responsible choices for people and planet.
We believe in three core elements to future success: strategy execution, innovation, and competence of our people. Our values; capable, caring, collaborative, and innovative are supportive of those three core elements. To know more about us, please visit our website https://www.nutreco.com.
In the position of Africa Operations Director you will explore opportunities in the field of Operations for the Nutreco organisation. You will also actively lead the Manufacturing & Supply Chain organisation.
The Africa Operations Director is part of the Global Operations Team of Trouw Nutrition and Africa Cluster team. He/She will lead Operations in Africa in order to drive Operational compliance, performance & and plans to support business needs and ambition.
He/She will implement in Africa core priority programs as per Nutreco standards programs:
- Compliance: Safety, Quality, Regulatory & internal audit
- Operational Excellence to drive lowest unit cost
- S&OP to drive customer service and satisfaction while optimizing Working capital and asset use
- Footprint project of all product lines in ECAM from design to business case to implementation
- People: Development of teams, talent management & succession plan
- Sustainability agenda
The role reports to the Africa MD & dotted to Trouw Nutrition Global Operations Director. Location for the role can be flexible within Europe or Africa.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Accountable for all operation aspects based on the SQCDME approach: Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Motivation & Environment
- Introduction, follow-up, tracking & Improvement of the Nutreco Operation Excellence Programme (lean, KPI’s and productivity assessment) and productivity (FFG program) achievement in Operations
- Implementation of the Supply Chain function (including S&OP) & practices in the regional (cluster) and local organizations up to an Integrated Business Planning
- Be part of sourcing footprint and M&As
- Oversee capex in Africa, mainly on growth in Fish and Animal nutrition
- Business Owner for Supply Chain IT tools
- Support the Country Organization Blue Print
- People management; succession planning preparation; talent management
- Priority setting and objectives establishment with Cluster managing Director and Country General Managers
- Member of the Africa cluster team
- Member of the Global Operations management team and leader on had doc pan-operation team
You, as the ideal candidate, have:
- Education at Bachelor / Master degree in relevant area (animal nutrition, engineering, science or supply chain)
- Deep Manufacturing & Supply Chain experiences
- Willing to take an organization (globally) on the next level by applying Safety and Operational Excellence Programmes
- Able to “smoothly” disrupt status-co and take decisive steps
- Agile with numbers (financials) and KPI’s
- Strong leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Business awareness (organisational & cross functional);
- Concern for Excellence;
- Fluent in English (in writing and verbally) – additional European language is a plus;
- Can adapt communication according to local contexts;
- Willing to travel internationally
We offer you:
- Working in an international organisation which is an innovative global leader in animal nutrition
- A very interesting position with multi-dimensional and multi-disciplinary challenges
- Development of personal skills and knowledge, due to a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities
- Exposure, due to the multitude of contacts with people in operating companies, Clusters and Corporate
- Independence and the opportunity to initiate or participate in projects for implementing solutions in close cooperation with key-stakeholders
- A competitive salary package with attractive benefits
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
Please send your application and resume to mail@ManagingDirector.nl
Reference Operations Director Africa.
You will receive confirmation of receipt and we will forward your application directly.
enkele andere open posities
SUSTAINABLE CULTIVATION SOLUTIONS FOR FOOD CROPS | ZUID-HOLLAND
Making agriculture and horticulture healthier, safer, more productive and resilient.
Business Unit Director 2025
BEDRIJFSOPVOLGING | INGROEITRAJECT
Voor business unit of werkmaatschappij van familiebedrijven c.q. middelgrote ondernemingen eigendom van investeerders.