SUSTAINABLE CULTIVATION SOLUTIONS FOR FOOD CROPS | ZUID-HOLLAND
Koppert Biological Systems produces sustainable cultivation solutions for food crops and ornamental plants. Together with growers and in partnership with nature, we work to make agriculture and horticulture healthier, safer, more productive and resilient. Do you want to contribute to the wellbeing of customers and employees, and do you want to be a living example of the mission and core values as part of the global Koppert family?
We are looking for a General Manager
40 hours a week, Berkel en Rodenrijs, Rotterdam area.
What does the organization look like?
You are part of the Koppert Nederland B.V., consisting of 65 of employees. Koppert Nederland B.V. is responsible for all sales and supply to the customers within the Netherlands.
What are you going to do?
Koppert Nederland B.V. is looking for a General Manager, who will lead the management team, be a member of the Business Unit management team for North West Europe and will report to the Business Unit Manager. The General Manager is responsible for the wellbeing of customers and employees, and a living example of the mission and core values as part of the global Koppert family. The General Manager is ultimately responsible for the subsidiary’s vision and strategy, P & L, cash, finance, risk management , sales, operations, supply chain, asset management and organizational development.
Main responsibilities; the General Manager:
- Understands developments in the Dutch horticultural and agricultural markets and uses this information to create business plans and annual budgets that are attainable in order to meet the overall corporate goals for growth;
- Is focused on the benefit of our clients and their needs;
- Provides leadership in sales and operations, ensuring that performance is aligned with the mission and values of the organization;
- Is responsible for the overall (financial) reporting. The GM ensures that timely, accurate and complete information is provided in accordance with established procedures and protocols;
- Is responsible for supporting the market development through its strategies and goals;
- Collaborates with the relevant departments to develop broad strategies for the ongoing development of new revenue streams and potential new partners for the organization;
- Maintains a positive, rewarding, and engaging workplace environment by ensuring that open lines of communication are maintained at all levels, and that and employees feel recognized for their contributions.
What are you bringing to Koppert ?
- University Degree with 5 + years’ experience in Senior Leadership levels of Management;
- Proficient communication in Dutch and English;
- MBA or equivalent with experience in Horticulture or Agriculture is an asset;
- Experience in implementation and management of Sales and Operational budgets;
- Experience in building strong and multidisciplinary teams and the ability to manage and motivate them remotely;
- Understanding of Financial Controls and Short/Long Term Investment Strategies;
- This leader brings a strategic mindset / vision; is engaging and empathetic and has the natural ability to connect with different levels inside and outside the organization.
What competencies do you have ?
- Strategical and conceptual mindset;
- Interpersonal skills.
Various locations in the assigned territory and occasional travel across Europe is also required.
What can you expect from us?
Our organization is growing and you will work in a family business in an international environment.
No day is the same and dynamism and progress are paramount. You will have a lot of space with us to put your ideas and plans down. We also invest a lot in the development and growth of our employees. For example, we have our own Koppert Academy, which is continuously working on facilitating training and talent development for our valuable staff. Here you can find more information about the pillars of our culture and our core values.
At Koppert Biological Systems, you are an important key player in our continued success. Committed to international growth, we remain a family company in which cooperation and respect for people and the environment is important. As the company continues to expand, we are keen to draw people who will play a critical role in its further growth. At Koppert, we work together.
Imagine leading an organization focused in supporting the growth of sustainable crops using the power of Nature. We are looking for a mission promoter with positive influence on those who work with you and for you; a high performance driver who thinks strategically and acts tactically to make things happen; If this opportunity resonates with you, we want you to join our team!
Koppert Netherlands is a subsidiary of Koppert Biological Systems. We continue to develop our expertise to support the challenges of our clients while contributing to the better health of people and the planet.
In partnership with nature, we make agriculture healthier, safer, and more productive.
Please visit www.koppert.nl for more information.
Please send your application and resume to mail@ManagingDirector.nl
Reference General Manager.
You will receive confirmation of receipt and we will forward your application directly.
enkele andere open posities
Operations Director Africa
LEADING THE MANUFACTURING AND SUPPLY CHAIN ORGANISATION | EUROPE – AFRICA
Global leader in animal nutrition and aquafeed.
Business Unit Director 2025
BEDRIJFSOPVOLGING | INGROEITRAJECT
Voor business unit of werkmaatschappij van familiebedrijven c.q. middelgrote ondernemingen eigendom van investeerders.