GLOBAL COLD CHAIN SOLUTIONS DELIVERED LOCALLY | ZUID-HOLLAND
AGRO Merchants Group was founded in January 2013. Along with its financial partner, Oaktree Capital Management,
AGRO Merchants currently owns and operates over 7.5 million cubic meters of temperature-controlled warehouse and distribution space in the U.S, UK, Austria, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Australia, Brazil, Chile and the Netherlands.
AGRO is dedicated to delivering superior fresh and frozen food handling solutions through our international facility network using local market knowledge with a focus on customer care and sustainability. AGRO’s vision is to be the leading partner in temperature-controlled logistics for the global food industry, recognized for innovative thinking, commodity expertise and ability to integrate businesses, driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and respect for its rich heritage.
For more information, please visit http://www.agromerchants.com.
You will be accountable to the Managing Director Netherlands and works closely and effectively together with local team, Managing Director NL, other departments/functions and individuals across the company to ensure that the way of working is in line with AGRO’s strategy and guidelines.
You will be responsible for all site related activities, such as, but not limited to managing site P&L to maximize EBITDA, financial performance and capital management, developing direct reports ensuring (employee) engagement driven leadership style, enabling productivity and efficiency at site level through continuous improvement initiatives and developing/maintaining customer relationships.
- Implement service offering for the Westland business.
- Manages site P&L to meet and exceed budgeted objectives and goals.
- Manages site and associated operations including bagging, packaging, warehouse, and transport when applicable.
- Ensures adequate customer pricing and profitability analysis is in place.
- Reviews and approves adequate plans for the control of budget spending, labor efficiency, customer service, import/export, transportation operations, etc.
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards. Makes plan changes as required to maintain and exceed customer service levels, warehouse and transport EBITDA.
- Develops and maintains service metrics and staff development. Helps develop and implement hiring strategies to meet the growth of the business.
- Ensures compliance regarding policies, procedures, workflows, claims and training needs.
- Oversees review and salary processes, including timely follow-up.
- Trains and mentors employees. Plan, assign, delegate and direct work. Appraise performance. Reward and discipline employees and resolve employee issues.
- Succession planning.
- Manages the layout, set-up, and flow of production, packaging, warehouse operations within the facility and WMS/TMS/MRP for the appropriate storage and efficient handling of the product.
- Sets and allocates targets to operations/transportation staff and organizes staff training activities.
- Maintains safe and efficient facility conditions.
- Ensures work order process is continuously updated for proper billing and payroll.
- Ensures that duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Provides periodical feedback of the warehouse and clerical team and its goals and accomplishments to the Managing Director.
Required skills and experience:
- Relevant and completed Bachelor level, preferably Master’s level.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written).
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the logistics food/fresh produce industry.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as (general) manager of bigger teams, preferably for multiple sites.
- Production/Packaging experience a plus.
- Experienced and at ease in a commercial development setting, engaging frequently and positively with external customers and sales development.
- Demonstrated results and (employee) engagement driven leadership and team development.
- Efficient multi tasker, ability to set priorities and execute accordingly.
- High energy profile, result oriented, calm under pressure, not easily distracted.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Shows integrity and trust.
- Proactive, pragmatic with sound judgement.
- Capable of decision making under pressure yet delivering on time.
- Skilled in use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and (logistic) systems in general.
Besides an excellent remuneration package, you will have the unique opportunity to transform one of AGRO’s largest facilities in The Netherlands.
please send your resume to mail@ManagingDirector.nl
reference Site Director.
You will receive confirmation of receipt and we will forward your application directly.
enkele andere open posities
BENELUX | TRANSPORT EN DISTRIBUTIE | ZUID-HOLLAND
175 FTE, Transport Management + Fleet Management.
Business Unit Director 2025
BEDRIJFSOPVOLGING | INGROEITRAJECT
Voor business unit of werkmaatschappij van familiebedrijven c.q. middelgrote ondernemingen eigendom van investeerders.